Arid and Semi Arid Specialists
EnviroKey are specialists in Arid and Semi-arid Ecology. Our Principal Ecologist Steve Sass has undertaken hundreds of flora and fauna surveys and environmental assessments in the arid and semi-arid zones in NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory. His extensive experience in arid ecology has been drawn upon in major projects such as Mining, Infrastructure and Energy projects as well as Environmental Management during the construction phase. Examples of these include the:
- Monitoring of the Barrier Range Dragon for the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage at Mutawinjii National Park and north-west of Broken Hill (NSW).
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment for extensions to a Tailings Storage Facility on the Cobar Peneplain (NSW).
- Biodiversity Assessment, proposed mineral exploration in Nombinnie State Conservation Area (NSW).
- Flora and Fauna Study of Murrawombie and North East Mine, Girlambone (NSW).
- Specialist advice for a Biodiversity Offset Strategy in north-western NSW for a proposed mining project (NSW).
- Biodiversity Assessment, CSA Mine, Cobar (NSW).
- Ecological Impact Assessment for a communications infrastructure redevelopment at Saint George (QLD)
- Review of Environmental Factors, Water pipeline and associated infrastructure in western NSW.
- Desktop Ecological Assessment for projects at Tennant Creek (NT), Mount Magnet (WA) and Woomera (SA).
- Target threatened fauna surveys for a 380km Optic Fibre Cable in the Gascoyne region (WA).
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment for Sand Extraction at the Endeavour Mine, Cobar (NSW).
- Environmental Assessment, Proposed upgrade to communications infrastructure at Oakey Airport (QLD).
- Reptile Management Plan for a communications infrastructure redevelopment at Saint George (QLD).
- Flora and Fauna Study for exploration activities at the Hera Deposit near Nymagee (NSW).
- Target bat surveys of derelict mine shafts in western NSW for Industry and Investment NSW.
- Effluent re-use project at Broken Hill (NSW).