EnviroKey are specialists in Arid and Semi-arid Ecology. Our Principal Ecologist Steve Sass and the team have undertaken hundreds of flora and fauna surveys in the arid and semi-arid zones in NSW, Queensland, Western
Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory. This extensive experience in arid ecology has been drawn upon to conduct surveys for a veriety of major projects and assessments such as:
- Monitoring of the Barrier Range Dragon for the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage at north-west of Broken Hill and Mutawinjii National Park
- Biodiversity Assessment of CSA Mine, Cobar (NSW)
- Review of Environmental Factors, Biodiversity Assessment and Aboriginal & Non-Aboriginal Heritage Assessments, Proposed mineral exploration in Nombinnie State Conservation Area (NSW)
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment for extensions to a Tailings Storage Facility on the Cobar Peneplain (NSW)
- Flora and Fauna Study of Murrawombie and North East Mine, Girlambone (NSW)
- Numerous Mineral Exploration Projects in western NSW including near Nyngan, Cobar, Mount Hope, Nymagee, Condobolin and Hermidale.
- Specialist advice for a Biodiversity Offset Strategy in north-western NSW for a proposed mining project (NSW)
- Ecological Impact Assessment for a communications infrastructure redevelopment at Saint George (QLD)
- Review of Environmental Factors, Biodiversity Assessment and Aboriginal & Non-Aboriginal Heritage Assessments, Water pipeline and associated infrastructure, Broken Hill (NSW).
- Desktop Ecological Assessment for projects at Tennant Creek (NT), Mount Magnet (WA) and Woomera (SA).
- Target threatened fauna surveys for the 380km Optic Fibre Cable in the Gascoyne region (WA).
- Reptile Management Plan for a communications infrastructure redevelopment at Saint George (QLD)
- Flora and Fauna Study for exploration activities at the Hera Deposit near Nymagee (NSW)
- Target bat surveys of derelict mine shafts in western NSW for Industry and Investment NSW.
- Effluent re-use project at Broken Hill.